Saturday 20 May 2017

Kweeny Reviews: The Berzerk Death Dealer

I like to try and support all kinds of horror media. But I don't always get the chance to. The most easily accessible media for horror is film. So I do a lot of reviews on it. But this time, I get to do a metal horror comic!



What makes today comic, THE BEZERK DEATH DEALER, special is the at that there are real people starring in it. You might know the name of the dark temptress Tristan Risk, but if you haven't just look up the name. you'll want to. She is an actress and performer and now, a comic book villain! Though in this case, I think everyone is a villain in this comic.

The world of The Bezerk Death Dealer is a dark one. There is guts and gore, people doing horrible things to each other, and a hero who has a fucking rad demonic cat-beast-thing who turns into a motor cycle! It's pretty bitchen, and I think the beast-bike is my favorite part of the book. Who doesn't want a loyal, sassy, monster bike who helps you get your job done?

The plot isn't exactly the most deepest, moving thing I have ever read, but it's fucking fun! And sometimes, that's all you want to read. The low down is this: Death is an all powerful being and makes the Death Dealer character do his bidding. When he wants something taken out in a spectacle of gore and madness, he sends the Bastard of Death and his doggo. When they are tapped to assassinate someone, the pair is getting high with his bike buddy. The party is done for a time, until they entire Gothic Town. Yup, the place is called Gothic Town. For real.

If you can handle Troma movies with their silly stories and all over nasty gore messes, you will be into this.

Love this realistic version of Maz Latex
So Gothic Town. There are a lot of assholes in Gothic Town. Reality imitates life. *wink* It's a place damned souls get stuck in and die. We see people being terrible to each other, and we know this is build up for our...hero and his pet to show us what they are made of. The Death Dealer gets a phone call from "Big Boss" and gets to work. We see the duo get dressed up in their finest gothic attire and the dog turns into a bike. Or is it a cat? I think he's a dog since he barks, but he is very stylized. I love him. I don't care what he is. I want to drive off into the sunset on his back.

(So the bike-beast actually has a name Rockabella! Perfect! A worthy name of a bike-beast. This could mean the bike is female, but gender doesn't change my love of the character.)

There' some cool panels of the Diablo riding Rockabella as they move toward destiny, and we find out his name is Diablo. Super gothic name bro. When he breaks into his targets domain (which is full of torture and sexy rubber clad bitches) he prepares a bomb called, "The Bomb Boner."

This is my face as I see the reveal of The Bomb Boner:

But that's how it goes in Gothic Town! So run with it!

So the servants of the realm are called Da' Festish Queenz, and they are ruled by the biggest, baddest bitch of them all. Tristan's character: Maz Latex. She has some experimental drug she stole from Big Boss called BEAST MODE and drinks it when the show down with Diablo gets heavy.

Maz in Beast Mode is a creature to be feared!

The Death Dealer sets off his bomb and for a moment, it bothers our big Queen bee. But then she smiles. Because it means war. Death Dealer puts on his "I'm serious business now" mask and looks damn stylish. If I can say one thing about all this ultra violence silliness, it's that it looks real good. The art style is fantastic and shows the work of someone who's taken years to perfect their craft. The storytelling is shallow but fun, and I think that is the point. If you go into this comic with ideas other than a fun time with ultra sexy violence, then this isn't for you. This comic is exactly what it says on the front cover, and I love it. I love it for being boldly, stupidly fantastic. Horror comics mixed with gothic aesthetic are bad ass. We need more of them. I don't care if they are cliché. I love it. And I love Tristan Risk's character so much because she's a vicious, beautiful warrior who leads with sadistic joy. She almost trumps Diablo in how over the top she is.

Look at the detail! This is Diablos mask.
The creators of the comic really put a lot of time into making this crazy madness. It shows in the art. Because no one who doesn't love their work makes a replica mask for nothing:

In summary, this comic is a fun, crass romp with beautiful visuals and a hardcore presentation.you can tell by the effort the creators had that this is a passion project. I'd like to see more from Death Punk Comix in the future, and they told me they plan to do just that. Get on your wild beast-bike roaring into the distance, and read this one. You'll have a gory good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! Everyone loves comments! How will I know you visited without a comment? Just be respectful please.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...